2014 APA Election - Candidates Speak Out
Request for Nominations/Application
2014 IAPA Achievement Awards
2014 IAPA BOT Education Award
Sagar Sethi Award
Dr. J.Srinivasaraghavan (aka Ashok Van), MD, DFAPA, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine on winning the George Tarjan Award.
Dr. Roy Abraham Kallivayalil
who has been elected as President-Elect of the World Association of Social Psychiatry.
Congratulations to the 2013 Outstanding Awardees:
Outstanding Academician Award:
Dr. Mani N Pavuluri, MD; PhD
Professor and Chair of Child Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago
Outstanding Public Sector Award:
Dr. Babu K. Rankupalli, MD
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Florida School of Medicine
Outstanding Service Award:
Dr. Amit Chopra, MD
Fellow in Deep Brain Stimulation ; Department of Neurology; Mayo clinic, Rochester, MN.
Outstanding Resident Award:
Dr. Ujjwal P. Ramtekkar, MD, MPE.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry;
Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School
On behalf of IAPA executive and extended executive committees (EC & EEC), wishing you and your family joyous holidays, a very happy and prosperous 2014.
I have outlined below activities that we have been working over last six months.
1) Facebook: IAPA is moving up the cyber ladder. Thanks to efforts of our MIT representatives, Drs. Manan Shah & Raman Baweja, we now have a Facebook.
2) MIT new members: We are delighted to announce that since Jan 2013 we have had 30 new MITS. Our ECP rep. Dr. Durga Roy and MIT reps are working hard to recruit junior members.
3) Mentee-Mentor award. Under the leadership of Dr. Naveena Hemanth, Maryland chapter is proud to sponsor this award. The announcement of winners will be made soon.
4) IAPA awards: The deadline for submission of nominations was Nov. 30th. Results will be announced in first week of January 2014.
5) IAPA Chapters. Two new chapters were born over the last six months - Florida (Dr. Babu Rankupalli, President) and Northern VA (Dr. CM Prasad, President). If you are interested in starting a chapter or rejuvenating your chapter - please do not hesitate to contact, Drs. Bhagi Sahas and Bhargavi Devineni, IAPA Councilors, who are leading effort on growth of IAPA chapters.
6) OMNA on tour. We are happy to announce that IAPA is collaborating with APA on OMNA on tour project.
New York chapter will be hosting the first collaborative meeting in April 2014. Stay tuned for more details.
7) IAPA Directory: Dr. Dilip Patel, IAPA Secretary, has undertaken a herculean task of revising IAPA directory. If there are changes to your contact information- please contact Dr. Patel.
8) Scientific meetings in 2014. Dr. Rajiv Tandon will be conducting a DSM 5 workshop at the 2014 Global Health summit, Ahmedabad, India. Dr. Ranga Ram has organized symposiums for presentation at 2014 ANCIPS in Pune, India. Drs. Ashwin Patkar & Dilip Patel are Co-Chairs of IAPA scientific meeting to be held on May 4, 2014. The theme for this symposium is ‘Trouble or Troubled: Violence & Psychiatric Illness’. Details to follow.
Wishing all of you a fun and festive Holiday Season.
Keep safe and God Bless.
Vani Rao, MD
PS: Please note email addresses of EC & EEC can be found on our web:
As always, do not hesitate to contact any of the IAPA office bearers with questions and/or comments
167 APA Meeting
May 3-7, 2014, New York, NY.
168 APA Meeting
May 16-20, 2015 Toronto, Canada
169 APA Meeting
May 14-18, 2016 Atlanta, GA.
New York-Statue of Liberty.
New York City
"Be the change
that you wish to see in the world."
Mohandas K. Gandhi
Free subscription to all IAPA members:
Free Access to educational videos on GME. http://www.gmeded.com
click on Join/renew
Enter information and
Discount Code: IAPAGME